Followers

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Get Ready for Christmas October

Hello again,

Today brings us to a new challenge over at Crafting By Designs and this week it is our ever popular Get ready for Christmas edition for October, not long to go now until it is time to get all those cards out in time for the big day. I hope that you will join us and add a card or two to your stash.

I have used some of my stamps from home to create two cards for my stash, I have used Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, picked raspberry, seedless preserves and wilted violet many splashes and squirts of water to create a A4 sheet of background paper and used a die I bought last October from Paper Roses to create the sentiment. I then used scraps of the DOI background to stamp and heat emboss a row of trees which I then fussy cut out and added them to my cards.

I liked how these two turned out and still have some of the background sitting on my desk, I also plan on making a couple in more masculine colours and maybe try the sentiment in portrait....

Here are my cards:-



What I used:-
White card blanks (12.6x17.8cm)
Distress Oxide Inks Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and a hint of Seedless Preserves + Water and heat tool
Paper Roses Merry peek-a-boo die
Stamp-It Australia Tree-o!
Black and white cardstock
Hero Arts Merry Stamp and Cut (stamps only)
Scrap of silver mirri card
CCD Swirl die
Clear embossing ink
Wow! Super fine silver embossing powder
Wow! glitter silver embossing powder (and heat tool)
Embossing ink pen to draw on decorations and colour the star in
Bling and sequins from my stash
Black fine line pen
Adhesives:- Double sided tape, foam tape, pva glue and adhesive sheet

I would like to enter these cards in:-
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'  Anything Christmas
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Anything Christmas
The Merry Christmas Challenge Anything Christmas
12 Months of Christmas Link-Up optional theme gear up for winter
Rudolph Day with Scrappy Mo
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #409 optional For someone special
 
Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A huge Thank you to all my bloggy friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!


No comments: