Followers

Friday 15 July 2016

Christmas in July day 6 Photo Inspiration

Hello again,

Today the lovely ladies of Catch the Bug challenge have an inspiration photo for us which you can see below, being an Aussie, seeing Santa at beach locations is reasonably common during the festive season (on TV for me), sometimes Santa even arrives via boat at coastal locations, much to the delight of the young, young at heart and visitors from abroad.

I took my inspiration from the beach location, the inviting water and the fun you can have at the beach; 



I have used another of Jodie’s Bugaboo images Trop Santa Surfing which you can find here in store. This month Jodie is celebrating Christmas in July with a lovely gift for us all 50% off the whole store, a great time to collect some more of her fabulous work…



I used up some paper scraps from a discount store brand water colour printed paper pad and a scrap of Sunflower cardstock to create a beachy scene, adding Stickles to the torn edge of the paper as the bubbles that form on the sand as the waves comes in. Santa was coloured with Faber-Castell and Derwent Pencils and adhered with some foam tape.

I have borrowed an old sketch I found online with a search for sketches it came from, From the Heart Stamps. I wish I had used a larger rectangle of embossing so that it can be seen more easily. I finished off the card with a sentiment from Lili of the Valley and a flower that  is meant to be a frangipani... this card will be headed to one of the relatives in either England or Scotland.

Here is my card:-


(My photo does not do the colours much justice, all much more vivid in real life....)

What I used:-
5” x 7” card blank
Faber-Castell and Derwent pencils
Amy Tangerine design papers
Merci water colour mini stack (Big W Australia)
Dark blue & crimson cardstock
Scrap white & sunflower cardstock
Tickled Pink & Sprinkled Sugar Stickles
Glitzee Blue glitter glue
Buttercup liquid Pearl
Embossing folder Darice Holly Vines
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting circle dies
Memory box fancy blossoms
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
White gel ink pen
Fiskars Corner Rounder punch
Adhesives:- double-sided and foam tape

I would like to enter this card in:-

Thank you for looking in…
Have a wonderful week
Megan


P.S. A huge THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies for taking the time to leave me a comment, your kind words are truly appreciated

No comments: