Followers

Monday 4 July 2016

Butterfly Wishes

Hello again, 

My friends Daughter in law is having her birthday soon and I was asked to create a card and use some Japanese Paper on it if possible. Metallics seem to be in at the minute with crafters and decorators and I raided my stash of scraps for some gold card, I found two suitable pieces, in separate places (I keep big scraps in an A4 display book, little scraps are in zip-lock bags by colour)

I haven't tried using both an embossing folder and die together on same card I wasn't really sure whether I should be embossing or die cutting first, I tried both ways and eventually decided that the Piestra tile die was delicate and embossing after cutting made the fragile joins break away, so emboss first cut second in this case, I can see this working the other way round for other less delicate dies and shapes.

I’m also wishing I had covered the card blank in black paper or card stock to give the card more definition or oomph…

I finished this card on Saturday afternoon and this morning discovered over in Snippets Playground Brenda had created one incredibly similar which you can see here, I promise I haven't copied her work Miss Di... 

This card is currently winging its way all the way to Japan while my friend takes some time off to visit her family...

Here is my card:-



What I used:-
White card blank 10.5cm x 14.7cm
White card stock
Memory Box Piestra Tile die
Elizabeth Crafts Butterfly die overlay #2
Elizabeth Crafts Butterfly Silhouette die
Gold mirrored card stock
Japanese Paper
Elizabeth Craft bunch of flowers 2 die
Poppystamps Classic Ribbons Die
Spellbinders m-bossabilities Folder EL-005
Black and white scrap card
Paper Smooches Sentiment sampler stamps
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad

Adhesives:- Double-sided tape, P.V.A. glue & foam tape

I would like to enter this card in:-
613 Avenue Create Challenge 183 Anything goes with a twist American Beauty- use a Rose
Snippets Playground week 236 Must use snippets
Poppystamps Challenge 22- Fly away with Me---must include one stamp or die (Poppystamps Classic Ribbons)

Thank you for looking in...
Have a Wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A huge Thank you to all the kind ladies who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all.... Megan

No comments: