Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2019

CBD Flowers

Hello again, 

Today brings us to a new Challenge for Crafting by Designs, we would love you to join in our challenge and this week the challenge is Flowers or Floral, we have one fabulous sponsors this week Beccy’s Place will be giving the lucky winner a $10 gift certificate for their store.

PRIZE $10 gift certificate

I have used a stamp from the Beccy’s Place Waratah set, being an Aussie I love to find Australian stamps and images. The Waratah is the floral emblem of NSW, the state that I live in, according to local Aboriginals the Waratah was a flower seen from afar, which the warriors of the tribe used to remove from the plant and soak the flower head in water and drink the resulting sweet drink for an energy boost. We have them growing in both the front and back garden. I am also sharing two pictures from our garden, the first one has begun opening and the second is still closed up. 


Here is my card:-


I coloured the image using Derwent and Faber-Castell pencils, die cut with an MFT stitched oval die teamed with some papers from the Kaisercraft paper pad called Open Road which features Australian flora, fauna and iconic images of our country. I have used the coloured border (which looks like bark of a gum tree) from the spine to stamp my sentiment onto to make a card for my Mum for Mother’s Day.


This challenge is open until March 26th, you can add your project by using the Linky tool over at Crafting by Designs. Please be sure to link your project back to us.

What I used:-
White 12.4x17.5cm card blank 
Faber-Castell and Derwent coloured pencils
Gold embossing powder
Clear embossing ink
Kaisercraft Open Road papers
Kaisercraft Mini Clear Stamps ‘Occasions’

Adhesives: Double-sided tape

I would like to enter this card in:-

Thank you for looking in….
Have a Wonderful week…
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

14 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful design just love this pretty card Sorry I've not been around your blog but had lots of hospital stuff with my husband since Christmas Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave I really appreciate your kindness Love and hugs Carole x

Laura's Craft Closet said...

I love what you did with this flower stamp! It’s beatiful! And thank you for giving a few details about it— I had never seen it before (I live in the United States), and always like to learn about new flora. How lucky you are to have Waratah growing in your backyard!

Brenda in IN said...

What a beautiful flower that is. Your stamp is perfect showing the flower bud before it opens. How fun to find a stamp that mimics the flower.

Kathleen said...

Love this card Megan, fabulous background and a really super image.

Kath x

Monica C. said...

Your waratah card is beautiful! I love the background paper you have used, looks like Eucalyptus leaves.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous indeed.
Lovely creation Megan and I’m totally impressed at your two Waratahs, I’m ashamed to say my garden has none. I’ve had bad record with banksia and think they’re from the banksia family.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x



{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Darlene said...

FABULOUS and just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘One for the Ladies/Girls’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Maud's Creations said...

Love the beautifully coloured Waratah, Megan, the background of the gum leaves are perfect. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community .

KandA said...

Beautiful card Megan, the flower is gorgeous and is perfect with the background paper xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Megan! Your card is so pretty! I have not seen one of these beautiful flowers before - it's really gorgeous! Your garden must look amazing! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Beccy said...

Wow! Your waratah flower is beautiful Megan, you're lucky to have them blooming in your garden.
Your Aussie themed card is wonderful, I particularly like the background paper, what a great stack that must be. I'll have to see if I can find some at my local Kaiser store. I like how you've used the little strip as the sentiment, I often keep that piece too. Lovely!
Cheers,
Beccy

Catie Cuddles said...

A delightful card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Daisy Chain Challenge, hope to see you again :)

Carole said...

Beautiful card...and a beautiful flower!