Followers

Monday 25 February 2019

Way of life

Hello again,

Blog post mark 2, not sure what happened but my screen flashed and it was gone. Is it any wonder I frequently opt to type up blog posts in a document and copy and paste it over? Joy from Joyfully Stamps is starting an art journal and is planning on sharing hers, I thought I might join her sharing mine.

I started a bullet style journal specifically to track my sleep or lack there of, my physio exercises and my design team work so I don't forget to get things done on time. I will not bore you with the rather bland sleep tracking, exercise etc pages but after deciding that it looked rather boring I am planning on using my journal for creative pages as well, using stamps, dies, techniques etc. that I want to try out  in my journal, some not so successfully done others I have been having fun doing. I am using an A5 art journal for my base and adding in other pages as the mood takes me.

This page is using up two spray ink backgrounds I have used elsewhere and these bits were taking up space on my desktop, a stamped sentiment from Darkroom Door, punched (yes I still have many of my punches and occasionally still use them) shapes and a little black ink doodling. The spray ink backgrounds have been torn along the edge of my steel ruler and have rough edges.

Journal page

What I used:-
scrap paper cut to just smaller than the journal page
spray ink background (dylusions spray inks)
darkroom door sentiment
scrap black card and text paper
clear embossing ink
white embossing powder
star and circle punches
black fine line pen

I would like to enter this page in:-
Bizzy Bec's Store Blog February Anything goes
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge  Anything goes option Metallics
Mix it up Challenge Anything goes optional rubber band stamping
The Happy Craft Challenge Anything goes

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

Many thanks to all my blogging friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous love this and the dylusions you used, awesome result..

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work!!!

KandA said...

Super page, great design and I love the colours xx

Claire said...

That's a lovely journal cover Megan, so bright and eye catching. The sentiment is spot on and to include text shapes is brilliant x

Sarah said...

What a fantastic journal, the colours are sensational!! xx

Kathleen said...

Wow Meg this is brilliant, love the design and those colours just go so well and look really stunning. Love teh way you have done the wording.

Kath x

Maud's Creations said...

Love the design and the the inspirational words on the front of your journal Megan. The colours are bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous project with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's February "Rubberband Stamping" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love the colours Megan, am totally impressed that you have kept it up, I’ve tried heaps of times but diaries or whatever you chose to call them don’t maintain use more than a month if that! I do have lists just not journals or such.
LOVE the colours think they are great, easy to see too when you’ve out tit in a weird place! Very important l think!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

mands said...

Lovely Megan! thanks for playing along at Bizzy Bec's ATG challenge
Mandy x