Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Inspired by a Movie

Hello again, 

Today brings us to a new Challenge for Crafting by Designs, we would love you to join in our challenge and this week the challenge is inspired by a film, we have one fabulous sponsor this week Ike’s Art will be giving the lucky winner a $20 gift certificate for their store.

PRIZE $20 gift certificate

I have used a digi called Japanese lady (pre coloured) from Ike’s store inspired by the film Memoirs of a Geisha, I had a simple card in mind to add to the requested card order for a friend who has a Japanese daughter in law, so she likes cards using Japanese papers which I have a few of in my stash after my Aunt went to Japan on holiday and brought me a little present back. I printed the image and fussy cut it out layering it over a stitched circle frame and adding a plain red circle cut from plain Japanese paper from the same pack, now it is finished it reminds me of the Japanese flag, not intended but it works. I added a sentiment in black ink from Close to my Heart to the red centre.

This challenge is open until February 26th, you can add your project by using the Linky tool over at Crafting by Designs. Please be sure to link your project back to us.  
Here is my card:-

What I used:-
White 10.5x14.8cm card blank 
White card for printing
Scrap white card
Japanese papers
Close to my Heart Happy Birthday Sentiments
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
MFT Stitched Circle frames
Adhesives: Double-sided tape, foam tape

I would like to enter this card in:-
613 Avenue Create 218 anything goes

Thank you for looking in….
Have a Wonderful week…
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

12 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Megan, great geisha Card, very pretty paper backing it, have loads of oriental paper and stamps not used.
Shame! Thanks for always being so encouraging.
Hugs Shaz in Oz. X

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely oriental themed card Megan, great papers.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really gorgeous card! Great job, it does remind me of the Memoirs of a Geisha.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful card and will be much appreciated by your friend's daughter in law. She will be thrilled with this lovely card just for her.

~ginny said...

Megan, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613. Some beautiful papers your Aunt brought you! You have combined elements to make a really beautiful design - nicely done!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card Megan, you have captured the film title perfectly xx

MariLynn said...

This is so pretty Megan. Love how your card turned out.

Joy Wilson said...

Megan, Your card is stunning! You are very lucky to have authentic papers from Japan! I hope you have a great week!
Hugs, Joy

Jackie C said...

What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Megan,
oh my word this card looks very stunning and gorgeous.
Love all the red and that lady is so elegant too.

Now in the 2nd world war my Dad was un Burma and had a Japanise flag which he kept on a table as a table cloth in the officers quaters.
One night another officer brought home a nurse for a drink and she took a fancy to the flag.
The officer said to her you can't have it as it's another officers.
She persisted and in the end he said to her if you can get that flag off the table without spilling the drinks you can have it.
Well yes you have guessed it she did it all right so my Dad lost his flag.
I bet she wanted it because they were made of pure silk.
Your card just reminded me of that story hope you didn't mind me sharing it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KandA said...

Lovely Japanese theme card Megan, super geisha image and fabulous papers xx

ike said...

OMGoodness - that is really awesome. Your layout is fabulous and the Japanese paper is wonderful. I think she will love this card.
Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog