Followers

Tuesday 12 February 2019

French Language and a Bike

Hello again,

This is one of the cards I have been making for a friend, I was asked if I could possibly make a card for one of her sons and include French language and a bike, not knowing one word in French I used google translate to write Happy Birthday in English and translate it, I then used a fancy font called KG A Little Swag downloaded from Dafont, I should have made them all either upper or lower case but a bit late now and only the first letter has been capitalised. I added the sentiment to the card covered in some brick paper to act as bunting…. I suppose I could also have altered the shape of the sentiment to give a little more interest… 

Here is my card:-
What I used:-
White 10.5x14.8cm card blank
Marianne Design die- Bicycle
Brick paper from BigW mixed pad (Textured Paper pack)
Scraps, red, black and white cardstock
Silver border sticker coloured with a blue sharpie
Adhesives:- Double sided adhesive sheet, double sided tape, glue pen
Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all.

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful graphic card for a young man, Megan - I am sure it will be appreciated
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love the banners for the sentiment and the bike is fun in red! I think your friend will be pleased!

Ashwini Rao said...

Wonderful card, Megan! Love the splash of red on the bike and the banner sentiment! I am sure the young man will love it! And thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

Claire said...

I think you did a grand job of including everything that was asked, the red bike looks super cool against the brick patterned paper. I will say tres bien Megan x

Jenny L said...

Hi Megan,
what a very brilliant card and your design looks awesome and fab.
Love the banners and the bike.
Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous creation, great bike and design, the banners look super.

Kath x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yup grand card Megan and knew it was bon anniversaire... only cos did five years french! Have to make a french card later in year but for lady and certainly no bikes! Must like le tour. My brother leads cycle tours during le tour in France. They ride half distance or so of the leg of the race for the day in morning then sit watch race somewehere in arvo. He crazily loves the mountain riding. I've none of those genes!!
Love the card and know that font om Dafont!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty cool card Megan..fabulous.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a wonderful male card and good for you looking up the translation. The banner is great and I love the two colors on the bike. This will be much appreciated.

KandA said...

Super card Megan and such a great design with the banners xx

Joy Wilson said...

This is the perfect the "French" card for your friend's son! He should be ecstatic you cared that much!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Joy

Bernardine Cuttino said...

What a beauty and eye catching details. Beautifully crafted. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers with Dies. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni DT
happylittlestampers.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers February "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2

Karen said...

Terrific male card. Love how the red makes the black on the bike pop. Thank you joining us for this months anything Goes Challenge at Bizzy Becs