Followers

Sunday 12 August 2018

Layered Sentiment


Hello again,

I’m back to share another distress oxide card made for my sister-in-law who had her birthday during the week, like me her favourite colour is purple so I used Picked raspberry, Wilted Violet and Peacock feathers inks to create the background, rubbing more ink on here and there and splashing water on it between drying it out with my heat gun. I stamped the three flowers from a set of clear stamps from China onto the card in clear ink adding black embossing powder. I tried to colour the flowers a little darker than the background using some more ink and a paint brush, it didn’t really turn out how I had wanted it to but it still looked okay. 
The sentiment was die cut from the main background piece and I then layered it up three times in white cardstock adding the tiny pieces back into the sentiment where they belonged, I only lost one which I cut out of a scrap with similar colours, so the piece blends in… not bad for a first try of this technique.

Here is my card:-




What I used:-

White card blank 12.5x14.6cm card blank (fold on short side)

White cardstock

Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks (+Water)

Clear embossing ink pad

Wow! Black super fine embossing powder

CCS Floral stamp set

My Favorite Things Happy Birthday sentiment die

Bling from my stash

White card scraps

Adhesives: Double sided tape and PVA glue



I would like to enter this card in:-
Creative Craft Cottage #110 No Patterned Paper
Daisy Chain Challenge #22 Anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge Stamp your mark on it 
Aud Sentiments Challenge #209 For the girls + Sentiment
Happy Little Stampers Anything goes with Dies
Love to Craft Challenge Blog August Anything goes
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful weekend...
Megan

P.S. A Huge thank you to all the lovely friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!




No comments: