Followers

Sunday 15 April 2018

LPoCF#80 Family Detective

Hello again, 

Today brings us to a new Anything goes Challenge for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, we would love to see what you have been making, all comers and crafts are welcome, we have lovely sponsor this fortnight Peppercus Design  will be giving the lucky winner 3 Images of choice. 
PRIZE Three Images

I have used a cute image  Detective Guinea Pig from our sponsor, to make a shadow box card for Family History Month celebrated during August. We first started our tree the year my Dad was 60, he wanted to know why there was no mention of Aunts, uncles and cousins on his father’s side of the family, asking what his grandfather’s name was I got a funny look and he said ‘Grandad’, I started with my grandfather and found his brief service record online which showed his parents address and an initial. So started our hunt into the tree, looking at both Mum and Dad’s trees, discovering that in various towns at the same time branches of both sides of the tree knew one another, some even lived in the same street!
I decided to get fancy with the card and made my first shadow box card, after looking at a couple of tutorials online I made my own to fit a C7 envelope when folder flat. I have used a free sentiment from A Piece of Heart added typed Genealogy Month 2018 and the second sentiment after all sometimes we feel like detectives finding out so much information, in an old family letter mentions trouble for one member of the family still in England, after reading newspapers online from the area and era we discovered that as Foreman of the mine, he had been accused of murder due to a mine collapse (when he wasn’t at the mine) and death of a worker. He was acquitted and the death was deemed accidental.

Here is my card:-


What I used:-
Peppercus Design Detective Guinea Pig 
White cardstock
Navy Blue and grey cardstock
Book Paper from stash
Faber-Castell and Derwent pencils
Wink of Stella on Magnifying lens
Adhesives: Double-sided tape, PVA glue, Foam dots


I would like to enter this card in:-
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #65 Anything goes

Thank you for looking in….

Have a Wonderful week…

Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all the lovely visitors and friends who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: