Followers

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Stockings were hung...

Hello again...

Thank you to all of the wonderful ladies over at Case-ing Christmas who last week selected my entry in Case-ing Christmas #6 as 'Santa Supreme'! 
I was very surprised to see my own card come up on the blog feed. I may have been making cards for many years having first made cross-stitched designs which I learnt to mount, then diversifying into varying boxes to place handmade beaded decorations (I'll include a picture of some once the tail end of the two cyclones blows over--very glad not to live in Qld- I'd rather a bit of rain than the whole shebang) then most recently discovering digi stamps combined with die-cuts, I have never really thought that my cards were anywhere near as nice as the many I see on-line, so Thank you from the bottom of my heart, my recent win has truly made my day.

Okay enough rambling, on to this week's card Case #8

This week the lovely Cohenna created the card below for us to case: 



I love the subtle texture and who doesn't love a good Christmas Stocking, and some bling

Here's my take on Cohenna's card


I have of course gone with the stocking, and basic layout of Cohenna's card, I have used Kaisercraft 6" paper pad called Christmas Collections which was free with a magazine to create the stocking and the die-cut leafy sprig (Memory Box), I have added some tiny pearls to the greenery and a bow also from a magazine, the sentiment is again from Pink Petticoats tiny Christmas sentiment  set, the background paper is from a second Kaisercraft set which I picked up extra cheap after the end of Christmas sales- 'Yuletide' which I embossed with a Darice holly vine folder and carefully inked the raised sections and then around the outside of the sentiment strip, String from Hemptique -I added knots can you see them? 

I am entering this card into two challenges

* 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown- Sequins and Pearls 

Thank you for looking in
have a good one
Megan







No comments: