Followers

Thursday 9 November 2023

Same but Different Christmas

 Hello again,

I've gone back a couple of days to day 5 of Beccy's place challenge which is Same but Different, I have used clear embossing ink and powder to stamp poinsettias and holly from Poppystamps over an a4 sheet of card, I then cut it into pieces and used two different colour combinations of distress oxide inks.

Here are the two cards (we won't discuss the other piece it currently resides in WPB) edit reversed letters






What I used:
White 10x21cm card blanks
Poppystamps Poinsettia Peace stamps (old set)
clear embossing ink
clear embossing powder
red embossing powder
Kaisercraft die and sentiment stamp
Tuxedo black ink
Metallic silver tape
Distress Oxide Ink Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Broken China
Mini mister 
Wet wipe
Scraps red and silver card stock
Adhesive- Double sided sheet and tape

I am in two minds about whether I actually like the added red berries against the green.... 

I would like to enter this card in:

Beccy's Place Day 5 Same but Different

 Edit link gone missing 

12 Months of Christmas Anything goes option cosy

Thank you for stopping by.. 

Have a wonderful weekend... 

Megan

4 comments:

Beccy said...

I love the technique you used Megan, the poinsettias really pop against the coloured background. It's amazing what a difference the colour makes to the feel of a card.
I think the little red berries look great... they tie in well with the sentiment.
Cheers,
Beccy

Carole said...

Two lovely cards and what a clever way to cut your A4 card in two and have double the achievement.I am a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas but I have to say I really like your blue and pink card. x

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Megan. I like the red berries against the green, it finishes off the card beautifully. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great concept to make the two cards Megan - we all have those backgrounds and cards that end up in 'file 13' :)
Blessings
Maxine