Followers

Tuesday 29 January 2019

7 Years

Hi again,

I was looking through my blog posts the other day and discovered a rather nice surprise blog hop for Miss Di who is celebrating 7 years at the helm of Pixie's Snippets Playground  were we are encouraged to use our snippets and scraps, the blog hop hosted by Darnell of dj Kard Kreations

I will admit to stalking the playground for sometime before I took the plunge to create my own blog and I finally joined in the fun in October 2015 when Di was celebrating her 200th Week and challenge, I was one of 5 new students starting that week and a lovely welcome followed the next challenge around... The playground is a fun space to play using up all our snippets, spurred on by class mates, Miss Di and Parsnip and now little Dudley, who I hope can swim once the duckpond has defrosted... A huge Thank you to Miss Di for all the fun, games and prizes she offers each fortnight... 

The stamped flower was stamped in three colours and fussy cut and put back together onto an extra white snippet

Here is my card:-

What I used:-
White card blank 10.5x14.8cm
White card snippets
Darkroom Door Eclectic Daisy stamp
Yellow Snippet (Kaisercraft)
Pin dot Square die
Stitched scallop border die
Black Liquid enamel 
Black super fine embossing powder
Darkroom Door Sentiment
Clear embossing ink
Scrap of twine (grey) 

I would like to enter this card in:-

Have a wonderful week...
Thank you for looking in...
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

27 comments:

Darnell said...

What a lush deep pink flower that is, Megan! Di will be putting that one in her hair! You did a great job fussy-cutting it and choosing the perfect background, sediment, and bling! Thank you for joining in the Hop for Di!! Hugs, Darnell

Margaret said...

Gorgeous li I was about to say little daisy but it really is quite a large one.
We are quite a distance from the fires burning over here but the helicopters are flying in and out from the airport. I think they must be changing over crew. They leave so early in the morning and don't come in till about 9pm although i heard at least one leave after that. The heat is getting me down and watering the garden which is bone dry even the weeds are dying!! We are the driest capital city in Australia and there is Queensland floating away.

Kathyk said...

Fab make, love the muted palette with the pop of the red - Happy SNIPPETversary

Kathyk

KandA said...

Gorgeous card Megan, love the colours and super flower xx

Brenda said...

I am loving your card Megan! It is so fun, so bright and happy and a perfect way to honor Di! Plus when you live in cold areas, it is just down right giving us spring fever. lol Hugs, Brenda

Claire said...

That's pretty Megan, I really like the primary colours and the background text. The sentiment is very nice x

Chrissie said...

This card is an absolute sweetie! Just love that flower and the background is super!

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card for Miss Di. I used to be a regular at the playground and haven't actually visited for a while...! must try harder!! xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Megan, lovely Card with which to celebrate Miss Di’s 7 years. I love the daisy stamp, very bright and cheery card, well done dear friend,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful card, I love the flower and the way you've made it by stamping and fussy cutting

Sarn said...

What a lovely spring-like card.

It's a fun surprise that Di got from Darnell isn't it? There's still room for playmates behind the bike shed if you want to spice things up a bit. I have some moonshine!

Hugs, Sarn
Stamping for Pleasure

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Isn’t this a cheerful thank you! Really lovely design and so nice to be part of the blog hop for Di. She really deserves it and how lovely that you even remember which was your first week participating! I hope to join in the hop. I am currently recovering from the stomach bug, but hope to have some energy soon. Have a good day, Megan!

Michelle said...

A beautiful elegant card Megan - great design - Michelle x

Carol L said...

I just love the big pink flower on the yellow background and the black sentiment and accents pull it all together beautifully! A warm and wonderful tribute to our Di :)

AlisonC said...

A gorgeous bright card with hopes of spring!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card, brilliant use of snippets. Emma

Jules said...

Hi Megan

What a beautiful thank you card .. .. just perfect for Di's special blog hop.

It is lovely to see so many people able to join in.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful CAS design loving that flower its fab Love and hugs Carole x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card to celebrate Di!! Love the design and the gorgeous flower!

Di said...

What a pretty card Megan! It's perfection!

It was such a surprise to find out about Darnell's blog hop - many thanks for your kind words. Needless to say I'm really deeply touched by so many wonderful friends joining in - what a wonderful gesture. Thank you so much!

Hugs

Di xx

Robyn Oliver said...

A really lovely bright cheerful card Megan, as a thank you to Di for hosting the Pixie Playground for seven years.. I'm new but can see there's lots of friendship flowing here, so I'll be back

Janice said...

A gorgeous snippets card for a lovely lady!

Majda said...

Gorgeous card Megan, love the colours and flower.
Majda

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so pretty, Megan! Such a wonderful way to honour Miss Di, and I really enjoyed reading how you got started with the playground! Awesome job with your snippets!

laurie said...

Very pretty and cheerful card....makes me wish for spring!

Carole said...

Super card...love the strong red flower against the word background.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Helen x