Followers

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Paper Pieced Santa

Hello again,

I’m back today with another Christmas card, since I have fallen behind on making them. I decided to combine a couple of different challenges including Jingle Belles who this fortnight would like to see ‘Santa Baby’, 52 Christmas Card Throwdown who would like to see some paper piecing. 

This is my second card this year featuring paper piecing again using a digi image, this one is from Bugaboo and is called Stocking Santa Star. I went through my many images and chose this image because it was less complex than most others and would be easier to piece.

I printed Santa out on plain paper first then added my cut paper pieces to the top of the image using some washi tape to hold them in place, before reprinting the image again.

I have used no sentiment on the front other than to add a postmark from my set of Christmas Postmarks, allowing the receiver to read the landmarks on the map, which include the Candy Cane forest, Yule Loggery and Abominable Snowman's Cave.

Here’s my card:-



What I used:-
White 14.8cm x 10.5cm card blank
Faber-Castell pencils
Pebbles ‘Home for Christmas’ Design Paper
Clear Sequins
Memento Tuxedo Black 
Kaisercraft Twig and Berry 'Postmarks'
Adhesives:- PVA Glue, Double sided tape, Foam tape
Fussy cutting scissors, cutting matt, Stanley knife, steel ruler

I would like to enter this card in:-
Winter Wonderland For a Child
CRAFT add some Bling
Holly Jolly Christmas use your stash- item paper pad is over 18 months old and I have not touched it!!!!

Thank you for looking in…
Have a wonderful week…
Megan

P.S. A HUGE Thank you to all the lovely ladies who stop by and take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all.

No comments: