Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2018

One for the Boys


Hello again, 


Today brings us to a new Challenge for Crafting by Designs, we would love you to join in our and show us what you are making, we have lovely sponsor this week Ike’s Art will be giving the lucky winner $20 gift certificate for their store. 




  Prize $20 gift certificate for the store


I have made a card for my neighbour’s son, who will be 18y later this year, they have been here since he was two. I used my Distress Oxide Inks to create a background, having a bit of playtime working out which colours I would use, this panel has Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers and Broken China. Test stamped on my sample piece and heat embossed with some metallic glitter embossing powder to be sure that was the right colour combo to go with, the stamps are from my mixed bag of stamps from Darkroom Door. I added some die cut and hand punched stars to the panel before adding the sentiment which I heat embossed in black and fussy cut, adding die cut numbers for his age. Sentiment is popped up on some double sided foam tape. When it was all finished and put together I wished that I had thought to add some extra texture by way to some cotton or twine, behind the sentiment, but all was stuck down tight. Some bling added randomly to finish the card.



Here is my card:- 

What I used:-

White 5x7” (12.6x17.8cm) card blank

Blue cardstock

Silver embossed paper

Glittered paper

White cardstock

Distress Oxide Inks- Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers and Broken China (and water)

Wow! Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Glitter

Wow! Primary Ebony Super Fine Embossing powder

Star die unknown brand about 1cm across

Memory Box Parker Number dies



Bling from Stash

Hair Spray to set ink
Heat gun

Adhesives:- Double sided tape, Diamond Glaze, double sided foam tape, Adhesive sheet



I would like to enter this card in:-

Thank you for looking in….

Have a wonderful week….

Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: