Followers

Sunday 27 May 2018

Get Ready for Christmas


Hello again, 


I'm running extremely late with this post, this week brought us to a new Challenge for Crafting by Designs, we would love you to join in our Get Ready for Christmas challenge and show us what you are making, we have a lovely sponsor this week All Dressed Up  will be giving the lucky winner $12 gift certificate for their store. 




PRIZE $12 gift certificate for their shop

I have used one of our sponsors super cute digi stamps A Star is Born and in an effort to keep me on track for the number of Christmas cards I need I have made a two of cards with the image, I have gone a little modern with my patterned papers, I fell in love with Kaisercraft Christmas Jewel papers they released last year, welllll, they are purple it was pretty much a given that they would find their way home with me. 


I printed the image twice one is slightly larger than the other, having a plan to use my Kaisercraft Bracket dies on one. Due to the larger size of the Kaisercraft paper pads I didn’t need to hide any paper joins on the C7 (5x7”) card blank, the sentiment came in the paper pad pre die cut. I added some stars die cut and punched from silver glitter paper to finish my card off.


My second card uses some of my scrappy papers from a pad called Home for Christmas, the striped paper was cut already, I cut it in half to make sure that it looks like it covers the whole card front masking the gap with the poinsettia paper, the sentiment was a part of a chalkboard page which I cut out.



This challenge is open until May 29th, and you can add your project by using the Linky tool below. Please be sure to link your project back to us.



What I used:-


2x White 5x7” card blank (12.7cmx17.8cm)

White card for Printing

Faber-Castell and Derwent pencils

Fiskars scalloped edge punch

Kaisercraft Christmas Jewel paper pad

Pebbles Home for Christmas paper pad

Silver glitter paper

Wink of Stella on drawn Stars

MFT Stitched inside and out rounded rectangles

CCD Apron lace die

Star Die

Single star shaped hand punch

Bling from stash

Adhesives: Double-sided tape, PVA, Adhesive sheet, Foam Tape



I would like to enter this card in:-


Thank you for looking in….

Have a Wonderful week…

Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all my lovely friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a message, I truly appreciate them all!

No comments: