Followers

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Japanese Inspired

 Hello again

Highly unusual for me to post twice in two days! I have a friend who has a Japanese daughter-in-law and asks me to create a card especially for her each year. I have been looking online and discovered a handmade card using Japanese papers which have been padded. I have gone fairly basic with my card and added an embossed background which is also seen in the patterned paper. A further search suggests this technique is called Japanese Padded Paper Quilting here is a link to another blogger Christine where I read about the technique.

Inside each square is a smaller square of cardstock which I attached a very thin layer of quilt batting, about 1/3 the usual thickness of the batting. I then wrapped the patterned paper around and stuck the paper edges onto the back. A little like covering school books.

Here is my card:-


What I used:-

White 10.5x14.8cm card blank
Embossing folder
Gold paper 
white cardstock
Couture Creations 'Asian Wave' Embossing folder
Japanese paper squares
Stitched square dies
thin layer of quilt batting
Mystery Sentiment stamp 
Clear embossing ink 
Gold embossing powder

I would like to enter this card in:-
Seize the Birthday Challenge Anything goes optional sparkle and shine (the patterned paper has a sheen and the gold layer is metallic, you cannot really tell in the photo though)

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to my lovely blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Now that sounds like a fascinating technique, Megan, and your result is a beautiful card. Thanks for the link, I may just have to go and peep :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

This is a lovely card and I wish I could see it in person. The batting is a great idea and the paper is beautiful.

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is awesome Megan! What a BEAUTIFUL design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sarah said...

What a lovely technique on this gorgeous card, it looks really dimensional xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful card love the design and papers you have used. Thanks for joining us over at 613 Avenue Create, we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

Diane said...

Beautifully created! Thank you for joining the fun at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Your card is so beautiful and creative. "Thanks so much for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create !"
Hugs
Berni DT, 613 Avenue Create

Crafting Queen said...

Sweet card, lovely texture. Anesha x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge.

Chana Malkah said...

This is so soft and pretty! Thanks for hanging out on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful card Thanks for joining us at CCC digi Creation Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC Digi Creation Challenge

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Lovely card, great texture. I am sure the recipient will be delighted with your card. Thank you for sharing and joining in with us at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge. Karen DT