Followers

Thursday 20 February 2020

LPoCF #126 Silly birds on a wire

Hello again,

I'm extremely late posting this, we have been inundated with water at our place this last week. My neighbour has a rain gauge and had 640mm or 25 inches of rain in just two days which is close to half our yearly rainfall. I was upto my calves in water in our garden trying to clear leaf litter and debris coming from the properties above us, trying to let the water in our yard out to run to the lowest point down the road. Then I looked under our house and amongst the support pylons was a dry patch of earth bubbling up as water came up, as if a spring had started beneath our dining room. We have had another 8inches (20cm) since

The local waterfall had an immense amount of water going over it for the following days as it filtered through the creeks, sadly the amount of rainfall also caused significant damage to many local bushwalks, washing a $750,000 bridge away (again). Waterfall at end of Charles Darwin walk and in usual weather National Parks and Wildlife Service

The local railway line had a large landslide which has seen the cancellation of all train services for the foreseeable future whilst the engineers and track maintenance crews work out how to repair the line and communication requirements.

On the plus side grateful that all the bushfires that have caused severe damage to our state are now out and the Warragamba Dam (Sydney's water supply) has reached over 81% of it's capacity meaning the water restrictions brought in during the last six months will be relaxed (the dam was around 40%) and our local dams are at 96% capacity.

On to the card making...
Sunday brought us to another all new Anything goes Challenge with my lovely Team mates over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, this fortnight our sponsor is Patties Creations who is offering the lucky winner 2 digi stamps

Prize 2 Digi Images

I was able to choose this lovely digi stamp from our sponsor Pattie's Creations to make my card, I had already decided what I wanted to do when I picked it out. I have used a DL card and paper pieced the birds using some scrap papers and coloured their feathery hair. Pattie has even got her own Challenge Blog which you can join in with here Pattie's Creations Design Challenge

My card:-

What I used:-
Whtie DL card blank
scrap card -sea green?
Scrap papers and card
Derwent coloured pencils
Adhesives:- Double sided tape and Glue stick
Black fine line pen

I would like to enter this card in:-
Southern Girls Challenge Anything goes with Team Lou

My sincere apologies for how late I am running with this one ladies. Hopefully the weather will settle back into a more usual pattern and everything will dry out and the plants I cut back harshly when the fires were surrounding us start to regrow... 

Many thanks for looking in...
Have a wonderful weekend.
Megan

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a time you have had of it weather-wise Megan... never a dull moment by the sounds of it, but for all that, stressful! We are now in drought conditions..... with the associated water restrictions and fire bans!
Loving your fun card with those cute birds.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah said...

Oh no Megan, more disaster for your lovely country, Nature is indeed a cruel mistress, I hope that balance is soon restored. I love this cute card xx

Kathleen said...

Well it all looks horrendous Megan and I suppose that the bright side (if there really is one) is that the dams have filled up.
A rally super fun card, love the image and the super colours.

Take care.
Kath x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Megan,
Oh boy what fun with all that rain for you there in dem dere hills! Waterfalls where waterfalls are not. However the levels in dams are a huge blessing.
Love your a paper piecing take on the sketch, wonderful card indeedy . Thanks so much, too for popping over and visiting my blog with your encouragement. 😊❤️🙏🏻
Thanks for Sharing, God bless, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

My goodness, I know you needed rain, but I wish that when it rained it didn’t pour so much.

I do love your card, paper piecing in those cute prints is very cheering. Wishing you well.

Dawn Phillips said...

That's really sweet. Your birds are so colourful. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

KandA said...

You really are having a tough time of it weather-wise but at least the rain has put out the bush fires. I love this super fun card and wonderful paper piecing of that adorable image xx

Mrs A. said...

I love your fabby birds. Perfect paper piecing. That is a lot of water. Hope you are staying safe. Hugs Mrs A.

EmmaT said...

Haha such fun image, just made me smile. I do hope your weather is settling a bit now - and now we have to worry about the virus, seems this year its one thing after another. Stay safe. Hugs Emmax