Followers

Sunday 26 January 2020

LPoCF #124 Morgan's Art World

Hello again,

Today I am sharing a journal page made for this week's challenge with my team mates over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, where we are still celebrating our 5th Birthday. This week our sponsor is Morgan's ArtWorld, the sponsor has provided us with three images for the DT to work with which will also be the three images offered as the prize for this week's winner.

Prize:- same images the Design team have used


Morgan's Art World have their own challenge which you can find here Morgan's ArtWorld Open Challenge Blog and also Morgan's ArtWorld Facebook Group

I have used an image called Stardust Digi 1 to make a page in my journal, I have flipped and rotated the image to make the fairy look like she is flying above the floral design in the paper.

My Journal page:

What I used:-
Morgan's Art World Stardust Digi 1
Derwent Coloured and Watercolour pencils
Design Paper was freebie long ago with magazine (also tag and extra butterfly)
Rub on sparkly silver lettering
Wings, wand, necklace and headband have some clear stickles on them
Fussy cutting scissors
Adhesive: Glue stick and PVA glue

I would like to enter this page in:-
Morgan's ArtWorld Challenge Blog Challenge #1 Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge January Anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge Anything goes with Team Lou
The Happy Craft Challenge Anything goes optional theme celebrations optional product stamps

We have happily had some rain here in the mountains which have dampened down the bush, however the closest fires are continuing to burn deep in the valley, thankfully away from homes, today we have high winds and a dust storm coming through from drought ravaged farm areas further west. The bird I rescued in the backyard sadly died, they think she had some type of infection underlying. All this reminds me of Dorothea Mackellar's poem My Country, written and rewritten between 1904-1908 when it was published.

Thank you for looking in:-
Have a wonderful weekend
Megan

P.S. I found my post pack with my mystery items stashed away in it now just need to organise things for the giveaway...

10 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Gorgeous journal page! I love how she is hovering over the flowers! You do amazing work! Have a great week!
Hugs, Joy

Priya said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy craft challenge
DT Priyadarshini
https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com/

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous page Megan - I don't generally like fairies, but this is a sweetie, and you have used her beautifully on this page.
Glad to hear you have had some rain, and I hope the fires stay away from you and actually go out!
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Sweet journal page. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene DT

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Mrs A. said...

I like the way the image is sprinkle fairy dust wishes over the flowers in the design. Glad you found your hidden package. I hate it when things go missing . Hugs Mrs A.

MagsB said...

What a fab journal page, Megan! Such pretty colours, and the little fairy is adorable! I hope you remain safe from the fires, it's heartbreaking to see what is happening in Australia. Sending love from the UK!

love Mags B x

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous way of incorporating sweetness and magic into a journal! Beautiful! Hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous love this Megan.x

KandA said...

Gorgeous journal page Megan, I love the little fairy xx