Followers

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Merry Fishmas

Hello again,

Many thanks to those of you who have asked if we are safe from the Bushfires currently burning in NSW, the nearest fire to us is about 50km away and is mostly burning in deep bushland where there are few houses and settlements, it has currently burnt through 189,980 hectares of mostly bushland. We did have a smaller fire closer to home, three towns away which unfortunately started after a house fire, it burnt through just 77 hectares of bush they lost two sheds and a caravan, (information courtesy of my neighbours 17yo son, who is a bushfire fighter with our local brigade) before it was extinguished. Thankfully this fire was in a southern valley which doesn't tend to burn during the summer months when the winds are mostly from the north.

I have been a little naughty, doing some extra colouring (and gardening, but that's another story). I bought this digi from Just Ink lined ages ago with the intention of making a Christmas card for my Uncle who always asked if he could go fishing in our now empty/broken fish tank, a standing joke each time he came to visit... Just Ink Lined appears to have closed down.... I have hidden the hanging hole in the paper pad under the sentiment

Here is my card:-

What I used:-
White 12.6x17.8cm card blank
blue polka dot paper
Just Ink Lined 'A Christmas Fish'
Faber-Castell and Derwent coloured pencils
scraps of black cardstock
Fiskars scalloped border punch
MFT pierced oval and pierced fishtail flags dies
Pebbles Home for Christmas paper pad
Sentiment from Create with TLC
Wink of Stella (over the fish bowl)

I would like to enter this card in:-
Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Day
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge
12 Months of Christmas Link-Up #59 Optional Twist Red and Green
Beccy's Place November Holiday cards
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #109 Christmas

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. Many thanks to all my lovely blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all...

11 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm glad to hear the bushfires aren't too close to you Megan, we've been lucky so far as well. There was one smallish one that caused my son's school to be evacuated but thankfully it was contained quickly. I don't ever remember a fire season as bad as this one, and so early as well.
I enjoyed reading the story about your uncle and his request to go fishing in your tank... we must all have uncles like that! I'm sure he'll love receiving your card. The image is very cute and you've done a wonderful job with the colouring. I like your tip about the hanging strip on the paper pad... good thinking!
Cheers,
Beccy

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card Megan. That image is such a fun one, and so beautifully coloured and placed on the assembled card.
Glad to hear that you have not been directly affected by the fires!
Blessing
Maxine

loz said...

Gorgeous image and card Megan. Glad you are safe from the bushfires...Loz

KandA said...

Super fun Christmas card Megan, love the fishy image. I do hope you keep safe with all these bushfires xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Megan,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very lovely card and your colouring is so brilliant.
As always your design is so super.
So glad all is okay with you I didn't realise you lived out there.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a cute image, and I like the overall colors of the papers. That is a cute joke your uncle says when he visits! I am glad you aren’t in danger from the fires.

Sarah said...

Pleased to hear that you are safe Megan, although the devastation is not too far away from you by the sounds of it. This is such a fun card, such a great design xx

Kathleen said...

A really great fun image Megan, brilliant card for your Uncle, lovely layout too.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Great card for your uncle. He sounds like he has a great sense of humour.

I was also glad to read you are safe from the fires. This is a terrible time of worry for those close by.

Loved your fish themed card and loved the comment about how you hid the hole in the paper...I shall have to remember that!

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog Megan. I am glad you are safe from the fires. I live in Sydney and we don't have any fire too close but the air is thick with smoke from the fires so I am not feeling too good. Still very thankful that the fires are not too close. Both my daughters live in fire areas so are packed ready to leave if necessary. One lives in the Blue Mountains and the other in Southern Sydney near the National Park.
Thank you for joining the challenges at the 12 months of Christmas cards link up and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you there again next time.

EmmaT said...

Hi Megan, glad to hear the fires not too close to you, its horrendous what we are seeing on the news over here, and we have too much water, if i could send some over i would! Your card is gorgeous, love the image, such fun. Emmax