Followers

Sunday 6 October 2019

Cocky's Christmas

Hello again,

I'm still working my way through some Christmas creations and this one is all Aussie, Merry Cocky is from Ericraft on Etsy the paper on the box reminded me of one in my stash. I have used a sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 as inspiration..


White Cockatoo's are notorious for their destructive nature, if they can chew it chances are they will... you can always tell where they have been feeding due to the mess left behind. They are not at all against chewing things that are not food including the mortar on rooftops...

Here is my card:-

What I used:-
White 14cm card blank
Green, kraft, gold and Christmas tree papers
Circle, stitched square and tiny star dies
Merry Cocky Digital stamp Ericraft Etsy store
Derwent Pencils
Black fine line pen
Wink of Stella on baubles
Beccy's Place Sentiment stamp Aussie Christmas
Memento Tuxedo black ink pad

I would like to enter this card in:-
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Anything goes optional sentiment as focal point
Cute 'N' Crafty Christmas Challenge Anything goes
Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge
12 Months of Christmas Link up Anything goes optional theme Sensational Santa
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Anything goes

Many thanks for looking in...
Have a wonderful week..
Megan

P.S. Many thanks to all my lovely blogging friends and visitors who stop by and leave me a comment, I appreciate them all!

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

This image really made me smile, a really great card.

Kath x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Megan - love the image, it captures the nature of the bird brilliantly! The cockatoos sound like close cousins to our native Kea (a wild parrot) that will take the rubber seals out of car windows, never mind the wiper blades!
Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

This is one super cute card Megan, what a great image, do love cockies, we don't get sulphur crested or Major Mitchell, but get lots of others, like black yellow tailed, which are rarer, lorikeets, Rosellas, galahs.
Love the paper match up.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

MagsB said...

What a fun image, Megan! And I love the sentiment, too. Your card makes me smile! What a nice change to see a Christmas card that isn't all about the snow, this is much more appropriate for the Southern Hemisphere. I hope you're having a lovely Spring!

love, Mags B x

Kathie said...

Great card Megan, I love your image very Australian. We get Cockies here in New Zealand as well not that many but I've had them in our trees from time to time. Love your card and my sketch works perfectly for you. Don't forget to add the sketch to your posting to be eligible for a prize and it's one of our rules and I would hate you to miss out. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Hugs Kathie
SSW2~DT

scrappymo! said...

I never knew those interesting details about white cockatoos. They do sound very destructive!

Lovely card.

flossbite said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

Love the cockatoo image. We don’t have them free flying here in the
Uk. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome merry cockie Megan lovely take on the sketch.x

Brenda in IN said...

I love that image with the cocked head looking inside the box. So cute!

Suze said...

Great card. The cockatoos seem to have the same destructive habits as Keas in NZ. Thank you for joining in at 12 Months Of Christmas with the Anything Christmas Cards and optional twist of Sensational Santa.

Susan Renshaw said...

Made me giggle too!
Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Cindy said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at MLC this month.

anne said...

Beautifully clean card and a perfect take on Kathies sketch. We have crows who like eating the mortar where I live.
Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2.
Anne SSW2-DT

EmmaT said...

Wonderful card and image. Emma