Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Cover Die Eclipse

 Hello again,

Twice in one week, very unusual for me. Today I am joining the Gallery of Group of Seven Card makers, with a technique challenge- Cover die Eclipse. I will admit the first one jumped in the cuttlebug and I have ended up putting one beautiful card aside, and trying again with a more simple stamped image. 

Darkroom Door African Tree stamped in Black soot Distress oxide ink, die cut with a MFT cover plate,  and sentiment stamp from Clearly besotted. I think I should have stamped the image a little higher on the card, then the image would have been more evenly centred within the cover die. Definitely a technique to come back too. Another layer was cut out of the waste from the other card to layer up the diecut background

The stamp was in a 'scrap' set, when the rubber does not make a full stamp set or something was wrong with some part of a set, they sell the stamps that are suitable for use at a discount. I think this might look good as a jacaranda tree in purple.



What I used
MFT cover plate die 
Clearly Besotted sentiment 'Sweet little sentiments'
Distress Oxide black soot, candied apple
fine tipped pva glue 

I am sharing this card with:

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week... 
Megan

p.s. a HUGE THANK YOU to my blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all... 



6 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very nice design, such a unique look and technique! Thanks for joining us at Simply Clean & Simple!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful image to use with this technique, Megan! I actually like it low on the cover die; it looks very grounded and intentional! Thank you for playing with us at Go7 and for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the technique, Megan, and a stunning result. Love this
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful majestic tree front and center on your lovely eclipse technique Megan! Pretty cover die used and very effective covering just a portion of the card! thanks for sharing with us at G07! Julia xx

Loll said...

LOVE your card Megan. This is a fabulous image for this technique. Great work!!! And thank you for sharing your card with us! xx

Sarn said...

A super card using a great technique. The tree looks fine where you placed it.