Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2024

Masked Stencilling

 Hello again,

I am trying out another new to me technique with the lovely ladies over at Group of Seven, this month it is Masked Stencilling, I tried out a few different stencils and masks and I think as long as the stencil reaches the edges of the masked shape and you can clearly see the masked area... 

I have made two cards, with many, many attempts that I have put aside for now....

Star Stencil with a curve cut from junk mail.



Bird in Mandala, part of me wants to colour the patterns on the bird, another part says leave it be... 



What I used

Star Stencil (Darkroom door, I think) 
Big W mandala Stencil
Magazine Stamp-Bird
Lili of the Valley Large Christmas Greetings
Distress Oxide inks- prize ribbon, picked raspberry, seedless preserves, wilted violet, cracked pistachio 
Memento Tuxedo black ink
Clear Embossing ink and pen
Silver embossing powder
Black paper, silver paper 



Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week..
Megan

p.s. Many thanks to my lovely blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them all!

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A couple of lovely cards Megan - I think the uncoloured bird stands out well against the mandala.
Blessings
Maxine

Card Creator said...

Very creative! Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
~Tamara

Loll said...

Hi Megan. Your stenciled cards are so pretty. Thanks so much for trying this technique with us at Group of Seven. Loll xx

Darnell said...

How fun to have you playing along with the masked stencil technique, Megan! I like both your curved starry card and the partridge inside the Mandela! It's amazing how it became an integral part of the Mandela! Hugs, Darnell

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Beautiful card Megan, it is a clever technique, well done!
I do get your posts on follow-it but due health comments rare.
I didn't know about Darkroom Door. I love their stamps and masks so hope they don't.
The website is still active... guess it's a wait and see.
May continue under a different name or something too. That happens in crafting sites.
Let me know if you hear anything. You can always leave message on my sidebar and I'll receive it.

May God bless your Easter time as we remember our Saviour's suffering for us, and most of all tomorrow with Resurrection Day when the power that sin and death had over us was defeated by the LORD Jesus Christ Resurrection.. and He lives for evermore.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz. X

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

PS dear Megan, I signed up to their newsletter, it still has her name on it. I see what you mean, and the last video on YouTube was 11mths ago.
If it weren't the demands of new stuff I think it would be okay. But time will tell. ๐Ÿ™
She sounds very young like in her 40s that's very sad. They used to talk of SIDS for babies now they say the same for adults but it's called SADS. Similar acronym, except for second word. I could say more like why it is, but it would not be the right place. Praying much๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ for those left behind. It's never easy. Shaz in Oz.x

Helen said...

Two beautiful cards. I think the bird works really well uncoloured too.

Thanks for sharing your cards at The Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x