Followers

Sunday 28 January 2024

Torn Edge Scene

 Hello again,

I am again joining the ladies at Group of Seven Card makers with their most recent gallery calling for torn edges, I have used two of the Woodware Clear Nativity Silhouette set and a Distress Oxide blend from Kristina Werner, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves, with Black Soot to stamp and ink in the torn edge. My torn edge is from the back of an old Christmas card, having used a tag die to re-use the card front for gift tags. 

Stamped images and sentiment are clear heat embossed, sprayed with a mini mister from Crafts-4-U from one of the big craft stores at the Aussie Shows, a few larger dots added.

Here is my card


What I used
White 12.6x 17.8cm card blank
Woodware Nativity Silhouette stamps
MFT Bitty Holiday Wishes (maybe retired) 
Distress Oxide inks Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot
Clear embossing powder
Torn Edge (Christmas card back)

I would like to enter this card in

(edit: remove link)

We have been busy, the ceiling inside my built-in-robe got a large back flow from the roof gutters, resulting in the too high to reach shelf being infested with mould. Ceiling is down and the roofing people are coming in a fortnight to repair the outside issues, before we can even attempt to replace the plasterboard ceiling. 

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. Many Thanks to all my blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all.

8 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Megan. I LOVE the beautiful colours of your sky with the black silhouette images. Great way to use a torn edge! Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - one stunning card Megan - loving the ink blended background, and the beautiful silhouettes
Sorry to hear about the water damage - it can be so invasive...
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

Gosh Megan, your Nativity scene is absolutely beautiful! Perfect composition and a gorgeous background.

Huga
Di xx

Carole said...

This is a lovely card..super design and inking and I am pleased to hear that I am not he only one that upcycles old cards! Sorry to hear about your damp issues i hope they get sorted soon..always a job in a house !! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Your sky is so beautiful behind that lovely die. The torn edge made a great ground for the die. I can imagine the mess you are in with the mold. I hope it gets repaired soon and properly fixed so it doesn't happen again.

Jenny L said...

Hi Megan,
oh my word your inked sky looks amazing and so beautiful.
Such a very lovely Nativity card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Fabiola said...

que c'est adorable Megan, une très belle création, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty blend and I like that nativity stamp for this technique. Thanks for stopping by my blog and also for telling me about the Blog of Seven, I went ahead and subscribed so I can see the new challenges.