Followers

Monday 27 December 2021

Christmas gift holders

 Hello again,

Well I'm not sure about you but Christmas seems to have come around very quickly now it is all over for another year. We had summery Christmas and boxing days here in Australia 26C for Christmas day and 24C yesterday, today the weather has turned back to winter and it is only 10C and wet and drizzly outside. I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and got to spend time with those that you love, we are heading back into restrictions from today with rising case numbers and over 400 told they were negative when they were actually positive for covid-Omicron. 

I am sharing the last two Christmas cards I made, these were for Mum who I gave some digital books to, nothing to wrap so I came up with gift card holders and printed the book covers and put them inside adding numbers to ones that came from a series, nothing drastically exciting I'm sure these have been seen around online in varying degrees over the years, apologies for the black looking buttons on the Santa suit, they are gold mirri card and are hard to photograph.

Santa and elf card holders:


What I used:-

9.4cm scrap pieces of 12" cardstock red and green scored at 2" and 7"
White, silver, gold, patterned card, red and black cardstock scraps
Scalloped rectangle, oval and border dies
circle and square punches
belt buckle die
Hole punch to add ribbon ties to the back

I would like to enter these gift card holders in:-

Wishing you all a very Happy, safe and healthy 2022! 
Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to my kind blogging friends and visitors who take the time to stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all! 

12 comments:

Sarn said...

I love these two little festive gift card holders.

Wet and drizzly here in the UK too!

Hope you had a good time. Stay safe.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carole said...

What a thoughtful idea Meghan, thee are really clever in their design ad I bet your mum loved them.

Claire said...

Oh these are fun and a lovely way to add vouchers or cash, I love the design on both and they're really eyecatching. Nicely done. I hope you've had a peaceful Christmas x

Liz said...

Great designs for a Christmas gift card holder, Megan. Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative 2022. xx

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are super cute and I think they are very special. I do think giving a card is a good thing to do when you give a digital gift. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and will have a healthy new Year as well!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great way to acknowledge an e-book gift Megan. These are gorgeous.
We are somewhat more stable here with out weather, but it is still swinging between a forecast for showers (that don't happen) a sizzling days - the day before Christmas eve we got to 31.6 oC - very hot for us!! Today felt comfortably cool at 25 oC!!
Omicron has escaped the border controls her, thanks to someone who didn't abide by the rules... and they went to a night club amongst other venues while infectious.... so not impressed
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

I love these adorable gift card holders! It doesn't matter if it's an idea that's been doing the rounds - who wouldn't be delighted to receive one of these! Super snippets busters as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Jackie C said...

What a fabulous idea!!!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome cardholders! They are very Nutcrackerish!
Thanks so much for dropping this wonderful project into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT

Vesna M. said...

Super cute card holders. All the best in 2022! Thanks so much for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create. DT Vesna

Brenda in IN said...

These are so cute! What a fun way to give gift cards. I am back to staying home again too. I was able to spend the holidays with my family and now I want to stay in until the numbers go back down again. Have a great year and stay safe.