Followers

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Two Christmas cards

 Hello again,

I've managed to make two Christmas cards still using the scrappy bits of one paper pad from Doodlebug Designs 'north pole' there is maybe enough scraps for another card or two, a few squares I've die-cut in the past and then some narrow strips. 

I am booked in for my first covid vaccine tomorrow, I was not able to book an appointment until early July and then the wait for the two nearest practices offering the jabs was the last few days of October, my local GP clinic finally got offered some of the vaccine for my age group and I was able to bring my appointment forward by one month. With the current lockdown (3months) rules lifting for vaccinated Sydneysiders before our area had access to the vaccine, locals are not happy that tourists will be able to visit our area when we have had less opportunity to have the vaccine. One of the two clinics actually wrote in to the local newspaper that there had been no vaccines offered for three weeks due to the doses being redirected to Sydney. whinging over.... 

Here are my two cards:-


What I used:-
White 17.8x12.6cm card blanks
Doodlebug Design 'north pole' paper pad
CCD quilt die
Oval, circle and scalloped circle dies
Red, grey and green cardstock
Green brad
MFT 'hand-lettered holiday greetings' and 'Hand-lettered Christmas' stamps
Colorbox Ruby ink pad
Clear embossing powder
Adhesives:- DS tape, PVA glue

I would like to enter these cards in:-

Thank you for looking in... 
Have a wonderful week... 
Megan 
P.S. A Huge Thank you to my blogging friends and visitors who stop by and leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all...

8 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Megan,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Love your wonderful cards they look so bright and cheerful and great use of Snippets too.

So sorry you have had to wait so long for your covid jab.
I will be having my 3rd booster in a month or so time.
My Daughter has had her 3rd last week and she was about a month in fornt of me because of working with vunerable adults.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Megan - I especially like the 'quilted' star one.
I hear you re the vaccine - I had both doses months ago, but my BIL and his wife, who are older than me, and also have other risk factors have only just had their first doses... they live in a different town, but!!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Megan. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

I love the bright and cheery doodlebug papers! the star is fabulous and the second one is so pretty with more green in it. thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days ChLLENGE.
Linda, DT

Sarah said...

What fabulous cards Megan, I love the patchwork look, so pretty xx

Suze said...

Two lovely cards Megan. I really like the quilted look of the first card. Thank you for entering the Include the word Joy Challenge at CHNC.

Di said...

Great cards Megan - I do so love the Christmas patchwork one. That's one of my favourite dies too.

Hugs

Di xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper