Followers

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Happy New Year!

Hello again,

Welcome to 2021, may this year be a Happy, safe and healthy year for all of you and your loved ones. I hope to be able to spend more time crafting and in blogland this year, although that may depend on the physio and how my body reacts to it and the travel involved getting there and back.

We have begun this year with new Covid rules here in NSW, we all must wear a face mask in any indoor places, shared cars, public transport etc. with a $200 fine for no compliance. I think today in the Sydney basin there were 3 cases of community transmission, related to a patient transport worker who transported a returning passenger from overseas. I don't think that I would have believed if someone told me that I would enter a bank wearing a mask and get served without the security screens being activated.

I hope you have all had a wonderful, if quiet Christmas and New Year. I have already made a start on this years Christmas cards, with some lovely new Australian papers and dies. These will be kept aside to head over to our English and Scottish relatives at the other end of this year. I have used up several scraps of various silver papers, I think I like the mirror card ones best. Birds featured- Pink Galah, White Cockatoo, Laughing Kookaburra and Currawong




I have also found and had the time to ink up the Clearly Besotted stamp and die combo I won in Di's Snippets Playground Christmas draw in 2019, it went missing when our ceiling leaked all over my craft cupboard and I only found it again in the last few weeks.... so my Christmas card count is off to a good start, 5 cards in one week... 


What I used:-
4x 12.6x 17.8cm (C7) card blanks
Francheville Designer Squares 'Jocelyn Proust' Australian Wildlife paper (Spotlight)
Silver paper/card scraps
Various scrap papers to co-ordinate with the patterned papers
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Holiday Sentiments
Paper Rose Die Gum leaf border die
Double sided Adhesive sheet and tape
DL card blank 10x21cm
Clearly Besotted 'Jingle Bells' stamp and Die
Cocoa Colorbox inkpad
Sand and Cardinal Versacolor ink pads
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
White and red scrap cardstock
Scrap of Doodlebug striped paper
Black Fine line pen
CCD Pin dot square die

I would like to enter these cards in:-


Clearly Besotted Reindeer:
Christmas 24: #25 Anything Goes
Merry Little Christmas Challenge Anything goes
Snippets Playground (snippets of white card, striped and red cardstock)
12 Months of Christmas link-up- #73 Anything goes or Clean and Simple

Thank you for looking in, I hope you are all safe and well in your part of this world.
Thank you for any comments from my blogging friends and visitors, I truly appreciate your visit.
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

17 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous selection of cards using your new stash,well done on having started your Christmas cards for 2021 Thank you for joining in at MMM

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable Christmas card. Thanks for joining Christmas 24 challenge. Anesha

Sarah said...

A brilliant start on your cards for this year Megan, love those cute reindeer. The UK is back in full lockdown now and we had 60,000 new cases today...so scary xx

Kathleen said...

A fabulous set of cards using that lovely leafy die and some gorgeous papers. Love the reindeer image and the red card with the lvoely ribbon. Very pleased to hear that I am not the only one already making Christmas cards for next year.

Kath x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love those gumblossom dies Megan... trying not to love them tooo much.
It's a beautiful combo with Aussie papers..
And great your missing stamp dies turned up too.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely selection of cards Megan - love that you have got off to such a good start!
I am finally sort of settled... and finding craft treasures that have been hidden. I have to be somewhat more organised here as there is less space!
Do hope your body responds well to the physio, and you can be around more to share your beautiful work
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

BrendaB said...

I love those cute little prancing reindeer! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Di said...

Aw Megan - I'm delighted to see you using your Reindeer prize! A great card - using three in a row is so perfect for slim/long cards!

Hugs

Di xx

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas 24 with your beautiful card - Jacqueline DT x

Vivi Casale said...

fabulous cards!! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
xx
Vivi

Sue - said...

You’re off to a really good start with your Christmas cards! Love all of them. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

sue t. said...

All of your cards are awesome! Thanks for getting a jump start on you holiday cards at Christmas 24!

Deborah Frings said...

Those leaping deer are so cute! Nicely done. Also, love the pretty papers on the other Christmas cards. Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT. PS, Sorry to be so late commenting!!

Susan Renshaw said...

The top 4 are so pretty but I love the leaping reindeer!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous projects and I am so glad you decided to share them with us at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks for playing along!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creations!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge January "ATG".
Sorry for the late comment.
Ileanaxx

Peanut said...

What a fun Christmas card, Megan. Thanks for playing along at HLS Christmas Challenge.
x Asha