Followers

Sunday 21 April 2019

LPoCF- Black and White and Read all over

Hello again,


Today brings us to another new Anything Goes challenge with the lovely ladies over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, we would love to see what you have been creating, all crafts welcome. This fortnight Lemon Shortbread are sponsoring us and are offering the lucky winner 3 images from their store.
Prize 3 Images

I have made two projects with an image from Lemon Shortbread called Girl with book, the card will be headed to my niece for her birthday perhaps with a gift voucher for a bookstore, the second is in my bullet journal, where I have been recording the books I have been reading on my e-reader. 



Here are my two projects: I mirrored the image for the card 




I read the quote somewhere online and trusted that the person had correctly identified the owner, unfortunately it had been attributed to Mason Codey, a further search discovered that the quote actually came from Mason Cooley. A bit late now, it is written and too hard to alter... 

What I used:-
White 12.6x17.8cm card blank (5x7)
A5 sketch book
Lemon Shortbread Girl with book digi 
Faber-Castell pencils
Gel ink pens
Kaisercraft ‘Black & White Timeless paper pad
Scraps light red, navy and black cardstock
Pebbles basics paper pad
Red enamel dots
Elizabeth Crafts Happy birthday die
Magazine freebie alphabet die
Scrap greens/yellow distress oxide background 
Quote by Mason Cooley
Washi tape, border
Single hole punch (used to punch a line of holes inside her arm to make it easier to cut out)
Adhesives:- Double sided tape, PVA glue, glue stick, glue pen


I would like to enter these creations in:-
Daisy Chain Challenges Make it Feminine (card)
Mix it Up Challenge Blog- Black and White plus one (card)
613 Avenue Create Anything goes or Wedding/Anniversary (journal page)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Anything goes (journal page)
The Happy Craft Challenge Anything goes April (journal page)

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful weekend...
Megan

P.S. Many Thanks to all of my blogging friends and visitors who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!

13 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Looking good, Megan! I like how you mirrored the image on your journal page! Super cute card - love this colour combo and you've done some awesome paper-piecing on both projects!

KandA said...

Fabulous creations Megan, super image and papers and a lovely quote xx

Kathleen said...

Two great cards Megan, a really super image and love the way you have flipped it.

Kath x

Maud's Creations said...

The imagne is beautifil coloured Megan, i adore it, great job. Tamks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cute projects, I like how you reversed the image, too. I like the idea of keeping a little reading notebook like that too!

N-Eva said...

This is such a delightful idea, and beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Claire said...

Two great ways to use an image, the card is spot on for your niece and I like how you've made the same girl work for your bullet journal by reverse stamping x

Sheryl said...

I really like how you've used this image to give a different effect simply by reversing it! I'm sure your niece will love it.
Thanks for dropping by at 613 avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use of the image Megan - love that you mirrored it on the card.
I must say I prefer the old fashioned paper books over an e-reader though.
Blessings
Maxine

Lindsey said...

I am all in favour of any cards referencing books, and this one is terrific! Fun design. I love how you made her completely different for your journal. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Denise Goeldner said...

Awesome work Megan, I just had to add your second project too, beautifully done.
hugs xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

What a clever Vegemite you are Megan, flipping that image and you’ve two brilliant cards perfect for your nieces birthday, wonderful indeedy!
Hugs. Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


Melanie said...

This is just lovely!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional black & white + one colour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)