Followers

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Happy New Year

Hello again,

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year Holiday, got together with friends and family for some of the time... Wishing you all a Happy, safe, healthy and crafty 2018

Well it is high time for me to rejoin the blogging world, although I have not done any crafting this year, yet.... we have been having a hot hot hot summer which puts me off being in my craft space, I also needed to tidy my craft area for a couple of reasons, one being the switch over to the NBN network, rather than using a mobile wifi device (which in my case was always connected by cables to my PC), which has meant running cables from the new modem in the kitchen to my PC, thankfully all looked after by Dad and my Uncle and all under the house! Our home phone and internet bills are now less than half of what we were paying as a big bonus, the tidying also needed because my table had become over run with bits and pieces and needs a thorough clean up.... not to mention the very crafty Christmas I had...

I am sharing today the calendars I made using a template found online, I made 7 owls and so far one more masculine free standing calendar... I didn't remember to photograph all the owls so here are two of them.... all made with scraps (mostly hanging around my desk type scraps)


and here is the more masculine calendar which I made using a 5x7" card blank with an added 'w' folded card scrap to help keep it upright (card fold at the top) 


I like the fold on the above calendar and am already planning on making these come the end of 2018... 

What I used:- Owls
Cardstock in various colours
papers from stash- polka dot paper and doodlebug DP
Calendar blanks
Nesting circle dies
Tiny brads
Template from Papercraft inspirations
Adhesives:- Glue stick, Adhesive sheet, double sided tape and foam dots 

These calendars have been well received, one friend telling me that she has had a snowy white owl visiting her garden, she thinks it is nesting in her neighbours yard as she sees it quite regularly. 

What I used:- Masculine
White card scrap to create the prop at the bottom (looks like 'w')
Papers from stash of magazine freebies
Calendar blank
CCD Boat die
Say it in Crystals strips rounded to the circle edge
Wave shape die (not sure of maker)
Scrap papers from stash
Black fine line pen
Nesting circle die
Adhesives:- Double sided tape, adhesive sheet

I would like to enter these calendars in:-

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

No comments: