Followers

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Upcycled cards


Hello again,

I have been playing on and off with some of my new dies I bought from China, also apparently found on various eBay sites, we had a lovely family friend we met when we began following our family tree who suddenly announced that she and her husband were moving interstate, within a week they had gone, she regularly bought cards from me for her family and was always amazed at how different I made them and how personalised I could make them. Given the incredibly short notice we had a thank you card ready, but little else, so I decided to make her a set of 10 cards to send down asap as a little gift. Which gave me the perfect excuse to try out some of my new dies and make use of some of the paper scraps holding a takeover bid of my desk, I found some co-ordinating paper and or cardstock and used some card blanks, I have also cut some small gift cards up I received as a teacher gift some years ago selecting patterns and the images as feature pieces.

Here are the first three of ten, I have plans of making a few masculine cards too.
On the second card I punched out three circles from the card and piled on some Diamond Glaze to create 'enamel' looking dots.


Butterfly Thanks
 Bicycle Birthday
Butterfly Birthday

What I used:

White card blank 14.7x10.5cm

Pink vintage-y paper from my scraps box

Pink polka dot paper from my scrapbook (pieces larger than a card front)

White paper from scrap box

Silver card scrap




Vellum
Diamond glaze

Teacher gift card and envelope set

Double sided tape

Birthday Sentiment stamps Magazine freebies (Australian Simply Cards)

Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad

Clear Sequins from my stash

Black fine line

Clear Wink of Stella
Adhesives:- Double sided tape, foam tape, PVA glue


I would like to enter these cards in…
Snippets Playground weeks 281 & 282 Anything goes with snippets 
Aud Sentiments Challenge #180 Anything goes with a Sentiment
Butterfly Challenge #79 L is for Layers and/or Colour Cream
Crafting by Design May Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore May Anything goes


Thank you for looking in…
Have a wonderful week…
Megan

No comments: